Friday, May 04, 2007

Hello everyone!
I'd like to say welcome to all the new members - we've had a lot of people join in the last month :-)

Just in time for spring for those in the northern hemisphere, the free mosaic pattern this month is a butterfly. The good news is that Monster Mosaics has offere
d a 15% discount on all butterfly bases that are bought if you use the following discount code: MP87H. You will simply need to enter the code when prompted during checkout and the butterfly surfaces in your shopping cart will automatically be discounted! If you look under "Mosaic Plaques" you'll find the Monarch Butterfly base that I used. I have to say these bases are fantastic. The shapes are so professionally cut, there are no rough edges and they use thick board so your mosaic will never warp.

The butterfly measures 11x20 inches, so it's big enough to be a feature on a wall. I used a range of tiles for this project; glass, iridescent glass, vitreous tiles, millefiori and mirror. The project will take a while, but it will be well worth the effort! This is the first time that I have managed to get my hands on some millefiori (wow, it's well worth it to have some in your tile stockpile.) For this project, I would recommend working with glass as you can cut it into eighths quite easily whereas ceramic tiles may develop an issue by crumbling.

I've been surfing the web quite a lot and have decided to also review artist's work that I come across. Kate Kerrigan is a great mosaic artist who seems to work only in stained glass. I really love the way she cuts her glass and how her grout lines flow. If you're looking for inspiration, this site is well worth the visit.

If anyone would like to unsubscribe, please just send me an e-mail: kirsty@mosaicpatternsonline.com

If you have a problem downloading a particular pattern, mail me and I'll send you one asap!

Have a wonderful week-end!
Regards,
Kirsty Fletcher
www.mosaicpatternsonline.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home